Native Steamed vegetables and Steamed Boiled Chicken
Shirodou (taro) / Nyugauchi-daikon radish / Hirooka-kabu turnip / Ushioena greens (plant of brassicaceae)
[soup] 400g chicken legs (with bone) / 150ml sake
[a] brown rice (flooded) 100 g / water 600 ml / ginger (slice) 5/6 / garlic 2 pieces / a little bit of fried / dried shiitake 1 / cinnamon 1 / wolfberry a little / salt appropriate amount / oil qs
*Shirodou, Nyugauchi-daikon radish, Hirooka-kabu turnip, and Ushioena greens are vegetables of indigenous plant varieties to Kochi, Japan.
1. Cut Ushioena greens into 5cm length. For other vegetables, peel and slice for easy steaming.
2. Grill chicken legs in donabe with sake on low heat until lightly browned. Add [a] and bring to boil. Place the steam plate in donabe.
3. Lay vegetables except Ushioena on the steam plate and heat for 10-15 minutes. Add Ushioena and heat 5 more minutes.
4. Remove the steam plate to serving dish and add salt or oil when eating. Serve the soup after cutting chicken meats into bite-size.
Steamed Salad with Basil Sauce
Water 600 ml / cauliflower 1 / Radish 4 / Morocco bean 2 / carrot 1/3 / lemon 1/3 (slice) / dill proper amount / baby leaf proper amount
[Source] Mayonnaise 3 tablespoons / 2 tablespoons milk 2 tablespoons Basil sauce
1. Cut vegetables into bite-size length, and mix [a] sauce.
2. Add water to donabe and place the steam plate. Lay vegetables except mesclun greens on the plate and heat with the lid on.
3. Heat 10 minutes after steam comes up.
4. Ready when all the vegetables are cooked. Put mesclun greens and pour sauce over it.
Salmon Steamed with Herbs
600ml water / 4 pieces of salmon / 1 onion / 120g brown mushroom / 1/2 lemon / thyme / salt and pepper
1. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Cut onion and mushrooms in thin slices, and cut lemon in round slices.
2. Add water in donabe and place the steam plate. Place onions and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
3. Layer salmon, lemon then thyme on top of each other and heat for 10-15 minutes with lid. Ready when salmon is cooked.
Steamed Pot of Colored Vegetables
600ml water / 1 carrot / 3 turnips / 4 brussels sprouts / 1/2 burdock / 4 small onions (about 4cm in diameter) / 4 okras / dill / salt / olive oil
1. Cut all vegetables into bite-size pieces.
2. Add water to donabe and place the steam plate. Lay ingredients on the steam plate and heat for 10-15 minutes with lid. Ready when all the vegetables are cooked.
3. Season with salt and olive oil when eating.